Welcome to Smallpond Childcare's website!

Welcome to Smallpond Childcare's website!
We are a small childcare home that is fully licensed by the State of Alaska. We strive to provide a warm and gentle environment for small children to explore and play. We believe that the best kind of learning happens when children are involved in the rhythms of the day and are given plenty of opportunities for ownership of their activities. We look forward to days filled with laughter, singing, bread baking, dancing, outside exploration, painting, play-dough, dress up, and books...lots and lots of books!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A quick update

Three new friends for Smallpond! One still needs some hair and all need some clothes, but they were looking like such a nice little set of pals, I couldn't help post a picture.

I completed my child and infant CPR/First Aide course on Saturday. I've taken the course six times in the last 15 years...I learn something new every time (or maybe they keep changing things on me!)

My Fire Marshal paperwork was sent off last week and this Wednesday evening I'll be presenting my conditional use permit application for approval to the City planning commission. Wish me luck!

It seems I run into a new family excited for Smallpond daycare everyday! If you haven't contacted me yet to throw your name in the hat...don't put it off! I'm still optimistic for a March 1st start date...

No comments:

Post a Comment